Dr Gen Paiva Goncalves
Originally hailing from the state of Minas Gerais in Brazil, Gen moved to Ireland in 2021 to continue her passion for orthodontics.
Gen received her undergraduate degree in dentistry from Escola de Odontologia de Volta Redonda (UNIFOA), before pursuing her first master’s in orthodontics at Grupo do Rio de Janeiro de Estudos em Ortodontia. After practising for 28 years in Brazil, she moved to Portugal to expand her international experience, completing an integrated master’s degree in dentistry at Porto’s Universidade Fernando Pessoa.
Alongside her degrees and decades of experience, Gen continues to expand her professional knowledge by taking various courses, including:
- Functional Maxillary Orthopaedics
- Preventive & Interceptive Orthodontics
- Self-ligating Bracket System
- DAMON treatment: Use of Steel TAD´s (Temporary Anchorage Device) in DAMON treatment. Orthodontic traction of impacted canines in DAMON treatment
- Digital Dentistry BITE: 3D Trio Scanning and Smile Design
- The use of Nitrous Oxide for Dental Sedation
Gen is currently registered at the Dental Council of Ireland and at Ordem dos Medicos Dentistas in Portugal .
Outside work, Gen enjoys exploring Ireland’s beautiful landscapes and culture. She is an avid traveller, who loves to discover new places with her husband and daughter. She also loves to relax in front of Netflix with her furry friend, Jack, a cat she rescued 17 years ago.