What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable soft tissues that fill wrinkles at the site of injection – this helps to restore a smooth appearance to skin.
What are the benefits of getting dermal fillers?
- An easy way to enhance your appearance.
- A single treatment has instant results and can last between 6-9 months.
- Get a natural look that does not affect your facial expressions.
- Dermal fillers do not merely tighten your skin – they allow you to control your facial make-up as you age.
- Restore confidence in your appearance and in yourself.
- Restore the desire to smile again.
- Look healthier and younger.
- Ideal for an event such as a wedding/special occasion on which you wish to look your best.
- Put signs of ageing at bay.
Dermal fillers can help you if you have ageing skin but also if you have prematurely ageing skin for the following reasons:
- Lack of hydration through life.
- Consumption of alcohol.
- Significant sun exposure.
- Significant sun bed exposure.
The injection process is quick, simple and painless – taking only 15-20 minutes. You will be able to discuss your expectations with a practitioner here at Shields – they will also run you through the procedure.
How do dermal fillers change facial aesthetics?
Dermal fillers are used to fill in deep lines, wrinkles and creases of the face, as well as add volume to lips that are thin or wrinkled. They can also be used to contour areas of the face, plumpen the cheeks, improve the appearance of scars and marks on the facial tissue. Dermal fillers are ideal for patients who do not wish to undergo costly and complicated plastic surgery.
What areas of the face can dermal fillers be used for?
- Deep wrinkles.
- Smile Lines.
- Nasolabial lines.
- Sunken cheeks.
If you would like any more information about dermal fillers at Shields, please do not hesitate to contact us.