Here at Shields, we offer a range of braces treatment – one of the most popular options are ceramic braces. Read on to find out why….
Why are ceramic braces so attractive for patients?
- As the brackets bonded to the front of the teeth are tooth-coloured, the braces remain discreet to others.
- The ligatures (elastic bands holding the archwire in place) are white or clear – also adding to the subtle appearance.
- Ceramic braces can help boost your confidence and renew your desire to smile.
- Post-treatment, enjoy the foods you love with a set of healthy, aligned teeth!
- Whilst other types of brace can leave you with a decreased desire to smile during treatment, ceramic braces’ translucent aesthetics mean that you won’t need to feel self-conscious about talking and smiling whilst you wear them.
Am I eligible for ceramic braces?
You will need to attend a consultation so that our orthodontist can asses you eligibility for ceramic braces. Our orthodontist will carefully consider and analyse the way the patient’s teeth overlap when their bite is closed before proceeding with treatment for ceramic braces.
What happens during treatment?
You will need to attend an initial consultation where you can discuss your treatment plan with our orthodontist. We understand that every patient is different and has different needs – we will try and accommodate for you wherever we can. Your ligatures will be tightened every 6 weeks and will be changed each time the braces are adjusted.
How do ceramic braces work?
Ceramic braces function in the same way as traditional metal braces. Treatment time can be longer as the braces are more fragile, though the success rate is extremely high and worth the wait. Ceramic braces also cause less irritation to your gums than traditional metal braces do. Comfort is at the forefront of ceramic braces’ design and this is amalgamated with a high quality of functionality.