What are the side-effects of anti-wrinkle injections? We will answer this question in detail and to the best of our ability in this article.
Anti-wrinkle injections are a safe, effective and popular means of improving the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles on the face. These procedures have grown massively in popularity over the past 10 years and Limerick is no exception.
Anti-wrinkle injections Side Effects
The concentration of anti-wrinkle injection used is safe, effective and purified. It is placed directly in muscle to reduce muscle activity and creasing/wrinkling of overlying skin. However, there are some side effects which you should be aware of and which are discussed below:
- There may be some initial mild redness, swelling or bruising which should resolve quickly. The reaction is similar to getting an injection at the doctors.
- You might feel like you’re wearing a tight baseball cap on your forehead after a couple of hours. This feeling can last a couple of days.
- There is the possibility of a mild headache for 24 to 72 hours following treatment.
- Sometimes anti-wrinkle injections can spread a little further than intended, causing eyebrows to drop slightly, eyelids may drop slightly or there may be some unevenness in the result. This is infrequent and does wear off within 4 to 8 weeks.
- If the patient is pregnant or breastfeeding, anti-wrinkle injections should not be administered.
This list is not exhaustive. Thus, it is important to speak with your practitioner at your first consultation to get a clear picture of all possible side effects of anti-wrinkle injections.
How to Minimise Side Effects of Anti-wrinkle Injections
There are steps you can take to minimise the side-effects of anti-wrinkle injections.
- Firstly, choose a trained, experienced practitioner to carry out your treatment and preferably a doctor or dentist.
- Secondly, avoid harsh facial treatments like facials or facial massages for at least 24 hours after treatment.
- Finally, try to avoid rubbing the area after treatment.
Listen to the advice given to you by your practitioner.
Read more about anti-wrinkle injection treatments at our Limerick clinic.